Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Stop Bashing Single Parents


Being a single parent is tough. What can compare to not only having to struggle with taking care of yourself, but also having several other mouths to feed? I for one am proud to be a single mother. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to be in a loving marriage so that my kids could have two parents at home and some of the stress could be lifted off of me, but I am not going to wallow in my ‘shoulda-coulda-wouldas’ instead I embrace the fact that I am doing the best that I can with what I have. Does that make me bitter? No. Does that make me lash out? No. I am just aware of my situation and moving forward.

With that being said I hate to see people lash out on single parents. It always happens around Mothers Day and Fathers Day where other people blame the single parent for “having unprotected sex with the wrong person.” Come on now. How many of us have been in relationships with people and didn’t know it was going to turn out bad? EVERYONE!!! No one can say that they knew everything about a person when you start to date them. Sometimes the true person isn’t revealed until several years later. After that you both are in love, kids may have been brought in the equation and there is no longer a relationship. [Side note: Not all marriages last either, so don’t bash the ones who had kids out of wedlock. Carry on!]

Here’s where the problem lays, just because you don’t have a relationship with me, doesn’t mean you cannot have a relationship with your children. I have seen several couples break up and both parents are active in their children’s lives. The parents can’t stand each other but they are happily co-parenting to make it better for their children. Yet there are those that chose to leave their child(ren) along with the other person. (Shame on you!)

Now every situation is different. Some people may have been perfect for each other but drugs, alcohol, or life changed them. At that point they can no longer be a good member of society, let alone a good parent. Is that the other person’s fault? No!

We all need to come together and uplift each other and look for each other instead of trying to tear someone down for their mistakes in life. Who on earth has never made a mistake? Don’t worry I’ll wait. Show me someone who says they haven’t and I will show you a liar. The only way we can get better ourselves is to embrace our past and move on, that includes embracing mistakes and learning from them.

I just think its time we stop bashing single parents. They have enough to deal with that are more important that being bashed from other people. Including other single parents, or those that used to be one! With that being said. Its part of life to love who you are, and to be happy with who you are despite your situation. Don’t let negative comments stop you from being the best parent you can be. Don’t forget there are little eyes watching you!


-Love Tichelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Follow me on:
~Twitter @ https://twitter.com/LoveTichelle
~Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-Tichelle/1421493344783822

Or keep updated:
about.me/tiffanyarnold

I am also a guest blogger on:
shoptheavenue.com

Blogroll

About Tichelle

Who am I? A simple question, but no simple answer. Me, I am complicated, yet oh so simple. I am a mother of four, at the moment single, but hopefully that will one day change. I am in pursue of following my dreams. What are my dreams you may ask? Well I want to wake up everyday and go to a job I love, and come home to a home I own, to a family I love. I have the part of the family, I am just working on the rest. Writing is my passion, but so is helping people. My post are all about you. Letting you know what I have been through and hopefully preventing the same for you, all with a random vent or two mixed in. Come follow me and lets talk real life, relationships and becoming a better us TOGETHER!!!